What is the dress code, is designed to motivate, inspire, new Professionals in the workplace. Obviously, the idea is not to break the dress code, the bank, and still look fabulous. My experience in the corporate world has lead me to a place to understand that attire can either make or brake a career. Therefore, my goal is to explore the best wardrobes and help those in need!
Mrs. Paula Patton - So ya'll know I have been all over anything leopard. I love this dress not sure if it goes in the category of animal print, hence the color, but I Love this look.
Would you wear this dress?
Are you looking for Great Gifts for your boss/co-workers. I have found some items that may get you off the Naughty list to the Nice List..Check out my picks....
Do you have a boss/coworker Always complaining about the temperature in the office. For $49. you get get these Club Monaco Tia Gloves from Shop Bop. They are super warm you can keep them on while typing. Great for the office.
Don't know what to get that coworker/boss that loves labels.. Marc Jacobs etc. Look no further I have the perfect gift. Again Shop bop, has a great sale on designer Umbrellas. Prices range from $29. to $58. This is a chic gift that will remind the boss of you every time it rains...
If you really want to make an impression on your boss and you have the extra cash to spend. I say go for the designer ipad case. Just make sure she has an I phone first. Prices range from $48 to $200. My favorite is the Diane Furstenburg. I ordered one for me..shhh our secret.
So you have to get a gift for your boss the Alpha Male.. Well you are in luck because Macy's has the perfect gift.Check out these money clips that won't break your bank, but will boost his ego I mean self-esteem. I would opt for the Donald Trump it has an unspoken word.. Money...Anyway prices range from $29. to $35.
And for those co-workers that you really don't like, but you have to buy a gift for I say head on over to Walmart.com There are many gift that are appropriate and budget friendly. Prices range from $5. to $9.
So do you see anything that you might get your boss/coworkers? If so I want to know about it email me a picture of what you bought and who you gave it to and why.
1. Keep in mind that the office party is still a work event. What you say and do can be use against you in the board room..Therefore, don't over dress for the party, if the party is during the work week go for a look that can be taken from day to evening. By adding a belt, accessory, or change of shoe can change a look instantly from day to evening. If the party is on the weekend and more formal then go for a formal look, but don't go too sexy or too short in length with dresses ladies.
2. Watch your makeup. Although, you are going from day to evening its important not to look like you are going out with the girls. Less is more for a work party.
3. If you are going to wear a suit have fun with it. Try adding a bow tie, wear a blouse that is silk, add a flower, or pendant, scarf, or loose the jacket entirely. The idea is to be comfortable but have fun with it.
4. Don't, Don't, and I repeat, Don't get DRUNK or Hook Up with anyone at work!!!! You don't want to be the talk of the office for the new year or worse can't remember what you said to your boss or coworker with the bad hair or bad breathe. In order to keep your emotions in check you have to be in a clear state of mind, so go easy on the booze.
5. Lastly, go easy on the perfume. Yup after you have worked all day and decide to go into the powder room to freshen up please remember to go easy on the perfume. A little can go a long way and you don't want to over power the room when mingling with coworkers. The worst thing is leaving a trail of perfume by the cheese platter that just doesn't smell good.. Get my drift better yet smell my drift ..
I hope you like my tips on holiday parties. My holiday party is this Thursday, not sure if I will make it because I am under the weather, but if by some chance I get my voice back I will post some pictures. Send me your holiday party pictures, the good, the bad, and the ugly...