Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because its a time I get to spend time with my family, laughing, eating, playing games, and enjoying life. My husband and I have been together for eleven years and married for five, we met in College.. I know it sounds so cliche, but we did, shout out to Rutgers!! Over the course of our relationship we always split the holidays with his family and mine, which turns out to a really long day. So the day usually goes something like this;
- Wake up around 10, dragging to get out of bed or the phone ringing.. Gotta love the family asking what time are you guys coming over.
- Shower, watch a little TV, pack up whatever food that I prepared or still preparing..
- Get to my mothers house around 1, after two phone calls we will normally will stay there for dinner ,which is usually early, and we eat around 3. Anticipating what time my brothers will arrive. I have two brothers and no sisters, sorry no Kardashian bondage here.
- After eating, talking, watching football, we head out to my husband's aunts house around 5.
- After another round of phone calls asking us what time will we be arriving. We drive about 20 minutes to the hubby's aunts house and hold your breathe, will eat again.. Sometimes I will just eat dessert, but who can resist the ham, turnip's, and other trimmings. Usually, we will end the night there playing games, laughing, eating, watching movies, or whatever else.
- Finally, we decide to pack up and go home, which is usually round 11.
- Brace yourself because we do it all over again on Friday after shopping of course.
I will try to put up some pict of my festivities with my family...
So, how are you celebrating your Thanksgiving are you traveling or staying home?